Monday, June 27, 2011

Birthday Boy!!!



Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to my fabulous, wonderful, awesome husband Jay!
Happy Birthday to you!

I have been excited about Jay's birthday all month! I woke up when he left for work and had to have a picture of the birthday boy! He was all smiles and ready for a day at the Fargo. I had a schedule planned out for the day so everything would get accomplished. I had a little set back when I decided to go back to bed and my phone went into airplane mode and the alarm didn't go off! ooops!

I asked Jay if he would celebrate his birthday at a restaurant or would he like a home cooked meal. He chose the home cooked meal. I knew the meat choice would be a meatloaf recipe that my momma gave me and then I would think of the sides. My next question was what kind of dessert would he like. I wasn't sure if he wanted cake since we had the yummy one from Carolina Mountain Bakery but he was positive that he wanted a red velvet with cream cheese icing!

Jay's Birthday Menu:
Meatloaf - Momma's recipe

rice casserole - Leicester Cookbook

squash casserole - Southern Living magazine

glazed carrots
deviled eggs

crescent rolls


When Jay arrived home from work everything was ready! I turned in burn for 3 hours straight!


Before we ate I asked if he would like to open his gifts and he said "Yes!" I always ask him to write me a list of the things he would want. I chose two things off his list and the third present he gets on July 6, 2010! :-)





He was a happy boy with his new Vans!

I love baking and making this recipe makes me think of many things:
*My grandmother - She used to make this cake for Heather and I during the holidays!
*Cupcakes - This is a favorite among the friends!
*Jay - This is one of his favorite cakes.

The candles were lit and the birthday song was heard!

I had forgot I had put the never ending sparkler kind in his cake..oops!



To a Wonderful husband on his 36th birthday!
I love you and here's to many many more birthdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment